Monday, July 9, 2012

REAL Good: Week 4

Gulp.  This was not such a successful week.  With the 4th on Wednesday and having some friends visit, this weeks budget was a bit blown.  Sigh.

CSA box: $41.00
beans
cucumber
cilantro
corn
garlic
squash
tomatillos
tomatoes
Whole chicken
hard cheese




HT: $75.56
Hefty ziplock bags
Orbit gum
Toilet paper
Triscuits (2 boxes BOGO)
White WW flour
kidney beans
chocolate chips
coffee
organic apple sauce
organic raisins
organic apple juice
Panko bread crumbs
buddy fruits (2)
organic chicken legs
organic spring mix
organic grapes
organic strawberries
organic butter
organic milk
organic eggs
carrots
organic 1/2 and 1/2

Since this is only about food (and to make me feel better) subtracting the amount of non food items here I spent: 108.93.  I bought a couple of things I wasn't intending on buying because they were organic and on sale (grapes, strawberries, butter, applesauce) and they won't be on sale next week.  Unfortunately, because the grapes and strawberries were so pricey for so little, we ran out super quick.  Alas, a trip to Aldi for bananas and oranges (and pistachios) making our total $118.93.  I learned my lesson.  Lets hope I can make up for this fail next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment